Topics

Ceres River Bluff Regional Park - CLOSED

Sal

I went to the park this morning, and I discovered that the road and sidewalk down to the park are closed. There will be substantial improvements to the trails and pond of the park, and the project will be finished in the spring of 2020, depending on the weather this winter.

I have been speaking occasionally with the Ceres parks staff there.  They told me that the project had been slated for June 2019, but they discovered Swainson's Hawks nesting along the Tuolumne River.  They postponed the project until this date, so that all of the fledglings could leave their nests.  It is heartening to know that the city managers of SOME cities in California understand and abide by the Migratory Bird Treaty Act.

Sal Salerno, Modesto