Topics

East La Loma Park migrants

Daniel Gilman

I again went to East La Loma Park along Dry Creek this morning between 8:30 and 10:30.  It was fairly quiet but I did find some migrating birds about midway between the "playground" and where the orange mesh begins (directly across from the apartment building).  This is a good area overlooking the creek, brush, trees, etc. I had 4-6 WILSON'S WARBLERS, at least 2 NASHVILLE WARBLERS, 2ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLERS, WESTERN TANAGER and BLACK-HEADED GROSBEAK.  I also had a late singing PINE SISKIN and my first of year BLACK-CHINNED HUMMINGBIRD (green bird #105 for the year).

Daniel Gilman
Modesto