Topics

Snow Goose and Greater White-fronted Geese at Tuolumne Parkway Trailhead

Garry Hayes

The cornfield at the west trailhead of the Tuolumne Parkway Trail was mowed down a week or two ago, and a large flock of Canada Geese has been foraging there almost every morning. This morning I saw a Snow Goose and two juvenile Greater White-fronted Geese within the flock of Canada Geese. The Snow Goose's wing look like it might be injured, but when I returned from my hike 90 minutes later, all the geese had left. Pictures posted on my EBird report:  https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S60480865