Topics

Stanislaus Surf Scoter

John Harris

Acting as messenger:
The Surf Scoter seen yesterday by Eric Hopson (see Ebird, link below) is still present, as reported to me by Sal Salerno.
The bird is in seasonally flooded area southeast of the intersection of Pelican and Center roads, near the Pelican Trail entrance to the San Joaquin River National Wildlife Refuge.

John Harris
Oakdale

Ralph

The male SURF SCOTER is still present. I arrived at 7:12, the first birds I saw on the water were two pairs of HOODED MERGANSERS, but the next bird I saw was the SURF SCOTER. He is actively diving behind a Wood Duck box approximately 50 feet south of Center Road.

Ralph Baker, Riverbank